The trip is a European Discovery through Contiki (see the itinery on the site) which is basically 12 days in Europe, by bus, in the middle of winter. It shall be awesome. While in Europe, I also want to spend some time in England, mainly to go watch a Liverpool game. I've also thrown in a trip to Stonehenge, just for good measure. My itinery is as follows:
- Arrive in London on 26 December
- Contiki tour starts next day
- New Year's Eve in Venice!
- Arrive back from Contiki tour on 7 January
- Next day, off to see Stonehenge, Salisbury and Bath
- Off to Liverpool to watch the Spurs game, spend the night
- Back to London the next day
- Leave London the 11th of January
I've booked the trip from STA Travel in South Africa (where I got a discount for paying in full), and the flights through Flight Centre also in SA. I'm going direct via Virgin. The Accomodation and Stonehenge tour is also via STA, so all that is left to do is sort out VISAs, transport between London and Liverpool, and book the Liverpool game! Oh, and save for spending money....
I'll put up some further info, with more details on how I did it all. Hopefully it will be of some help to some readers who want a similar holiday.