- Go to the VFS website: http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ and click the "Apply for a UK visa now" button
- Click the "I have read the above information and the relevant guidance notes" checkbox and then click "Continue"
- A new window will pop up, which is the application form. Enter all your info in here.
- If at any point you don't have any info, you can just click the "pause" button, that looks like so:
- Once you've entered in all the information, choose your appointment date and save.
I had the following documents:
- flight ticket
- travel itinerary, with names, contact details and addresses of hotels
- travel insurance
- latest payslip
- proof of address (I had a copy of my lease)
- letter from my company stating that I work there and will be required to return to work at some date after my trip
- latest bank statement (I simply printed a statement for my credit card from my internet banking)
- passport photo
I think it's on the 23rd floor. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and once the place opened the security at the building gave me an access card and I went up to the place. They searched my bag, told me turn off my cellphone, and in I went. There is a ticket machine at the entrance where you press a button and it issues you a ticket with a number on. I was number 004, and my number was called pretty quickly by the electronic woman.
At the counter, I just handed in all my documents and paid for the courier and sms service (card only, no cash). I was then directed to the biometrics queue, where I waited for about 3 minutes before being called. They took my photo, and fingerprints (electronically) and then I was done.
That was all on Thursday morning. On Friday I got an sms telling me my application had been processed, and was being couriered to me, and on Monday morning my passport, documents and visa arrive. Nice and easy!