Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Banshee Hunter

It's been ages since I posted some actual writing up on my blog, and I figured I better sprout something forth in case I'm accosted and need to change my blog to "The ramblings, and not writings, of Brett James Irvine" or something. So here goes.

*

The wind howled through the reeds at the water's edge and into the clearing where Kinvara stood waiting. The moonlight limbed the silver bowl of river water in which she stood, the tiny ripples throwing shadows and spiders of light onto her skin. When the hour was right, she removed her cloak and brought her silver dagger to the smooth skin at her wrist. She did not flinch when the banshee screamed, and waited until the creature floated into view before plunging the blade into her arm.

No comments: